Tuesday, 4 October 2011

Sipping and cooking…

Currently I’m relaxing at home before heading to school today. I don’t teach until 12:30, so I decided to take the morning to get caught up on chores (I need to sweep this house!) and bake a bit. Baking is a bit of an enterprise here…at least from my standpoint…so it is usually a several hour undertaking. Today seemed perfect. As I write this, I’m sipping on some hot water that I added cloves, nutmeg and cinnamon too (I already had my morning cup of coffee) and intermittently finishing a nice long letter to my mother (love you mom!). My breakfast consisted of my favorite indulgence, biscuit (like little cookies/biscuits) with peanut butter. Yum! The peanut butter here makes me so happy because it is made from peanuts…and that’s it. What a novel idea! No additives…I think that is why my body feels so healthy. I love it. I’m currently on my second loaf of banana bread. I’m cooking these to give to my neighbors, who’ve been so helpful in the past month in helping me adjust to site and get some of the things that I need and…most frequently…give me lifties. Gotta love free transportation. Especially when they pick you up outside your door. So, I’m going to update my “wish list” and finish my version of tea and then do a butt ton of dishes. Sound wonderful? I think so… siku njema! (Have a great day!)

No comments:

Post a Comment